Yacht Rental Holidays the Easy Way πŸ‘ Our Trustpilot Rating 4.9 πŸ‘ Click on this picture for our WebsiteπŸ‘

Saturday 7 February 2015

Trip of a life time sailing the Caribbean for disabled man from Seaford, UK

A disabled man who has no control of his arms, hands or legs has sailed around the Caribbean with the help of the Jubilee Sailing Trust. Sam Taylor, 27, from Seaford, who has quadriplegic cerebral palsy, was diagnosed aged three months after catching a chest infection which led to complications and brain damage. The Jubilee Sailing Trust is a not-for-profit organisation which brings together the able-bodied and disabled on holidays which require team work. The ex Seaford Head student graduated last summer from the University of Brighton with a degree in Digital Media and was determined to travel independently. Sam said:“Being hoisted 50ft in the air in my wheelchair in a harness up to the crow’s nest as my crew were on deck heaving me up by ropes, was an experience that I will never forget. “I was constantly learning new things. One of my main tasks on board was to lead my team, giving them instructions to keep a steady rhythm going to successfully hoist the sails up. “Since leaving university I wanted to go travelling. This was an opportunity to see the Caribbean. I have always wanted to see this part of the world. The trust allowed me to do this. “Normally I feel nervous and apprehensive doing something out of the ordinary. However I didn’t get this feeling when joining the ship.”

No comments:

Post a Comment