Yacht Rentals the Easy Way πŸ‘ Our Trustpilot Rating 4.9 πŸ‘ Click on this picture for our WebsiteπŸ‘

Friday 19 November 2021

Young cancer survivor enjoys a day of sailing with Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust


 


A 19-YEAR-OLD from Basingstoke who survived cancer said her “confidence” and "individuality" has been rebuilt after enjoying a day of sailing with a cancer charity.


Laura Warren was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2019 and was joined by three other young people for a day of sailing with the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust.


Laura said the Trust helped her stop feeling so isolated and to “own her” cancer story, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2019.


She said: “I hadn’t really met anyone near my own age with a cancer diagnosis and it was quite isolating. I also found I would dismiss any feelings I was having around cancer because I felt I hadn’t been through enough to be worthy of it. It was a hard habit to break.

She is now set to return for a four-day sailing adventure in Cowes next summer, where she will wear the top she helped design with pride.


She added: "I want to come back next year because I want to meet more amazing people, and continue to build my confidence. I am most looking forward to the games of Uno and hopefully meeting up with some of the people I met this summer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment