Yacht Rentals the Easy Way πŸ‘ Our Trustpilot Rating 4.9 πŸ‘ Click on this picture for our WebsiteπŸ‘

Saturday 12 December 2020

Royal Findhorn Yacht Club's Jasmin Robertson awarded £985 from the Berry Burn Community Fund to buy sailing equipment

Royal Findhorn Yacht Club (RFYC) member, Jasmin Robertson (16) is using a £985 award from the Berry Burn Wind Farm Community Fund to buy a class-legal Laser Radial sail and a winter sailing kit. She said: “I am hugely grateful for the funding for my sailing. It will help me get back on the water, which I’m very excited about! Over the past few months, my opportunities have been limited, which is why it’s great to get some support. I can’t wait to start training again for hopefully another successful season next year.” Jasmin first started sailing with RFYC as a child, taking part in regatta events and summer racing. She said: “My first ever sailing event was during Findhorn Week. It was a massive help to my confidence so all the more reason to keep going. “It was always so much fun and friendly – the volunteers and helpers always made the week an amazing experience.” Over the past few years, Jasmin has enjoyed competing in club racing all over the UK, from Findhorn and Nairn to Largs and Weymouth and many other sailing clubs, almost every weekend, gaining experience with various boats and fellow sailors. She said: “It’s been really enjoyable and taught me so much more about sailing.” Jasmin plans to invest her grant from Berry Burn in equipment to make her more competitive. She said: “The sail will help hugely with making the step up from my previous boat. Having a certified sail will allow me to enter national events in the class that I wish to compete in at youth events. “The winter wetsuit and sailing gear will help me keep warm out on the water during the winter. Sometimes we can be out on the water for up to five or six hours, so it’s especially needed up here!”

No comments:

Post a Comment